Hands of Bitch
Just when I thought Katy Perry might take over the top spot in my list of female singers I want to see on a shuttle to the sun, Gwen Stefani makes a come back. After taking time out to birth some more she has decided to get her grubby hands (voice) all over a classic.She and her band No Doubt are here to kill another song for me. This time she is ruining Stand and Deliver by Adam and the Ants.
I can not stand her forced warbling and baby talk. It is like nails on a chalk board, bamboo under my finger nails, a stick in the eye and more. She is not ground breaking and for the life of me I can not understand people who think she is a great role model? Not that she is out killing the mentally ill or stabbing puppies but it isn't like she is curing cancer or saving the world.
Also, she is not Ska, they are not Ska, they may be influenced by Ska, but they are not Ska. Did I mention they are not Ska?
I actually don't mind the band and kind of like Tony Kanal but she ruins it all, she is one of the worst singers in my opinion.
I did listen to the song and it is pretty much a straight cover, no changes or flourishes. Just her awful vibrating voice cooing like a trophy wife who wants a new car.
The real Prince Charming, too bad he's a nutter now.By the way, the other song they ruined was It's My Life by Talk Talk

6 Comments:
Oh, God! What's next? Gary Newman? Nik Kershaw? Howard Jones? The Kings??
All that "talent" and she can't even write an original song.
I've been worried about a Thompson Twins cover because I've seen Tony wearing an old tour shirt of theirs a few times.
I can totally see them covering Cars. Sigh.
And speaking of hands, hers is freakishly large in that photo. Oh, and Adam Ant? Nice rack in that picture.
I had not thought about either points and now I can't stop thinking about them.
If she tampers with Extreme's "Hole Hearted" I'll cut a bitch.
Wow, now I want her to do it so I can see you cut her.
Post a Comment
<< Home