Not the Cars, or INXS, or The Doors
The Cars are touring and making a new album. Before you get all excited remember that Ben Orr died about 5 years ago. Okay, you say all your favorite songs were sung by Ric? I hear ya, but here is where it sucks for you too, Ric isn't doing it, but has given his "blessing".
The will tour and be billed as "The New Cars" with Todd Rundgren singing. If you thought that would still mean 3 of the originals you are wrong again. Apparently the drummer has quit music entirely.
I'm sorry, with the exception of AC/DC bands that have even a fair amount of success can't do this, it doesn't work. You need your lead singer.
My list of bands that just don't work without the original lead singer.
INXS (the worst, because they whored themselves out to a bad tv show to find Michael's replacement)
The Doors
Dead Kennedys
Misfits
Van Halen (I know some of you will argue this, but Sammy can't drive 55 and I can't do Van Hagar)
Pogues (although I have one of these CD's where it isn't Shane, and I like it a lot)
Feel free to add to this list if you like.

2 Comments:
How about Journey? No one can turn a one-syllable word into a five-syllable word better than Steve Perry. And the only Cars song I like (Drive) was sung by the dead guy.
Good one! The Journey thing is extra creepy because the new guy is really similar...oh! I thought of another one, Judas Priest! But they have now gone back to the original so I guess they are okay again.
Post a Comment
<< Home