ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Things I shouldn’t talk about on a first date

More than one person has told me that I should keep my love of parasitic twins, body deformities, tumors etc… to myself until at list the second date, and in fact some think I should save it until the fifth.

But, since you (the reader) are not a first date I will tell you all about it. However I wont post the photo (even though I really want to) so as not to upset anyone (but if you want to find it this link should be okay for a while, you can also make a donation to her fund with a link to another website).

In any case, there is this newish story in the news about a girl (from Haiti) with a 16-pound “tumor”; the sad twist is that it is on her face. It has greatly deformed her features and causes much distress. Even I have to admit that this one is just sad and really pretty upsetting and does dwarf my feelings of plain intrigue. However, I still think it is absolutely fascinating and can’t believe what the body can do to it self and the medical miracles that are performed on the bodies that stray from the norm.

The crazy part is that this mass isn’t really a tumor, it is a crazy genetic disease that has caused bone mass to morph into a jelly like substance that incases what bone there is.

I know I get the "crazy glint" in my eye when I talk about this stuff but it is so fascinating!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home