Lisa Loeb
So this is how the ad goes...
Lisa Loeb is #1 Single.
Lisa Loeb is single and most definitely fabulous. Now, the thirty something singer is ready to share her success with someone special. Will this real-life Carrie Bradshaw be able to find love (and sex) in the city?
WTF?Okay, first let's start with a question. Do you all remember Lisa? She of the cat eye glasses begging (whining) in song for someone to "Stay" while you wiped your tear stained cheek just so happy that Lainie ended up with Troy and not that creepy sell out Michael.
In retrospect I think Troy was dirty and gross and maybe Michael and his dumb ass internal fight between being a yuppie success and court jester ladies man was the better choice. Troy had issues, bigger issues than Michael. If we had a Reality Bites 2 (Reality Bites Again, or Reality Bites a Second Time: This Time Hard) Lainie would be supporting Troy's ass while he tried to be an "artist" and may or may not be attending a 12 step program. Troy also sang really badly and that cover of Violent Femmes makes me shutter. Michael would have at least been working during this time and probably remembers your birthday. I digress…
So, Lisa Loeb, she may be single but fabulous is still up for grabs in my mind. I would also be a little worried about ‘sharing her success’ as I don’t really know if there is enough to spread around. Also, last time I checked Carrie Bradshaw was a writer, a sex column writer, Lisa, is a singer/songwriter of sappy lame songs. Where is the connection?
I saw a commercial for this last night and she is out shopping with her sister who tells her something to the effect of “dress for a man so they can imagine wanting to take those clothes off of you”. Charming, and classy. Then Lisa comes out of the dressing room, pulls up her shirt to show a sassy animal print bra and cops a feel on herself. Her sister yells something like “now that’s what I’m talkin’ ‘bout”. Again, classy.
So why is Lisa doing this?

2 Comments:
That Reality Bites reference wins the prize for most confusing aside in a blog post evar. But you're absolutely right: Lainie would still be supporting Troy's ass.
What were we talking about again?
I got back on track eventually, and besides, it is probably the most accurate print version of "real time story time" from me. Sad but true.
Post a Comment
<< Home