Madonna for cheap
My friend and I went to see the last Madonna show at the United Center this past Monday. I like early Madonna and have never seen her so I thought it would be fun, more for the show then the music. I’ve never really wanted to spend a crap load on tickets to see her because she isn’t a huge favorite of mine. However a friend wanted to go and we decided that we didn’t care about good seats, she would have such a huge show anyway and tons of screens and catwalks that we would be fine with crappy $55 tickets. So, after three attempts we got tickets for the last night of four.
When we got there they scanned our tickets and said, “go to the table and get an upgrade”. We thought they were going to try and sell us better seats. I knew the fourth show wasn’t sold out but I also knew we didn’t want to pay $350.
We get to the table and they guy says, “your tickets were upgraded so you just get these instead”. That was it, new tickets that were way better. The ticket said they were the $165 tickets, score.
Later that night I spoke with a friend who had the $350 tickets and when I told him where I was he said he thought that was the $350 area. It didn’t matter really, they were good seats and it was over anyway.
Then this morning while cleaning out my email I found the original chart from when we got the tickets and sure enough, the section we were in was marked $350. Weird.
Take a gander at the difference. Also note, if you tried to get the cheap $55 tickets you can see why they were impossible to get, there were so few.

Green = $350, Red = $165,Yellow = $95, Blue = $55
It was a great show, mostly new stuff but always good to dance too (except La Isla Bonita, which I hate). Nice stage sets, lights and production. As always Jean Paul Gaultier did a great job with costumes, especially the fetish/bondage infulenced stuff, his stuff always looks awesome. And the there were lots of great glitter shoes, all of which I wanted.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home