ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Monday, December 25, 2006

So far I haven’t killed anyone

I’ve been with the family for twenty-one hours, I’ve made in through Christmas Eve and two meals. This is how it goes, counting the small mile markers in survival.

Things I am thankful for, Satellite TV, DSL and DVD’s, all of these help to temper the crazy family aspects of my visit.

During Christmas Eve I spent much of my time watching Eddie Izzard (marathon on BBC America) and the VH1 show The World Series of Pop Culture. Which by the way I’ve already sent an email to a friend that I think I should we should try out for this, but then again I don’t know that I want to be on TV if we were to pass the tests.

Then we had dinner, which was pretty low key with none of the usual fights between my Dad and Grandma. My dad has been sick with the flu for more than a day and had just coming off of twelve hours of projectile vomiting; this seems to have tamed his temper just a bit and we all ignored Grandma and let her chatter into the air about nothing. She didn't seem to notice the difference.

Dinner was followed by the ever-popular opening of presents. I got a lot of nice stuff and I really did get surprised this time. Although mostly sticking to my Amazon wish list for some smaller things my mom recalled that my current vacuum was kind of crapping out on me when they last visited. She also recalled that one time when I was with her I looked at the Dyson super exciting space-age bag-less robot vacuums, and since my mom can’t stand to have me live in anything remotely close to squalor my parents got me the basic Dyson which is pretty awesome.

Then I made everyone watch Labyrinth (one of my presents).

So, even I have to admit that it wasn’t so bad, definitely one of the better Christmas Eves.

Happy Holiday Everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home