ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Something in a Box

A couple weeks ago SNL played a tame version of this short (which by the way is not appropriate for work).

For the first 30 seconds I thought it looked stupid, then they brought the funny, and I’ll be damned if I couldn’t stop laughing. First of all, that Andy Samberg is good at the odd music shorts, second, I think we all need to give props to Justin Timberlake. I’ve never really cared too much about him and I definitely don’t like his music, but I always give credit to celebrities that aren’t afraid to be funny and poke a little fun at them-selves or the business they are in.

I also like that it reminds me so much of Color Me Badd (which they must have meant to do) with the bad facial hair and short suit jackets that cinch at the waist accented by a colored t-shirt…and that reminds me of the 90210 episode where the girls and David go to the hotel trying to stalk Color Me Badd because Donna totally loves them and David helps them find and sneak onto the floor that Color Me Badd is staying on and then Donna panics and gets out on a different floor of the hotel where she sees her mom (the ever pious and uptight Felice) kissing a man that is not Dr. Martin. In the end Kelly somehow scores free tickets and gets the group to sing at the Peach Pit (didn’t everyone? actually this was pre Peach After Dark so no, not really). And while I think this all I hear in my head is “tick-tock, you don’t stop…I wanna sex you up…”.

Anyway, back to the short, there are a lot of funny moments, Justin all Jew-ed up and then in a dashiki (2:20 minutes in) to represent if only for a few seconds the other two none Christian holidays.

But the best is when they outline how to make the gift, “one, cut a hole in the box, two, put your junk in that box” (1:50 minutes into the short).

I feel so low-brow, but I'm still laughing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home