What I didn't do yesterday
The funniest thing anyone asked me all weekend was "So…Did you watch the game?"
They said this with total excitement and in all seriousness. Meaning, they actually thought I did watch “the game”.
Of course I most certainly did know what “the game” was, I don’t live under a rock, and I read the news so it would be hard not to know that the Chicago Bears are headed to the Super Bowl.
I have nothing against football, in fact when I was very young (under 12) I used to watch football almost every Sunday (with my dad) and for a time I collected the trading cards. Of course the snacks played a big part in my commitment, and frankly the only games I’ve watched in my adult life have been at parties that had the lure of snacks and of course just being social with friends is why I’ve done it more recently.
But lets be honest, asking me if I watched the game is like asking me if I had rabbit for dinner while wearing corduroy and listening to Gwen Stefani.
No offense to the Bears or the fans, I am happy for you all and I wish you the best of luck. Just don’t go all Bulls riot on me if you win the Super Bowl.

2 Comments:
It just seems natural that a Nascar fan would love to watch football as well. I think you should watch the Superbowl dressed in corduroy while listening to Gwen Stefani in the background. And invite me over so I can watch!
AMY
Yes, I knew someone would point out the NASCAR thing.
In my defense I think my interest in NASCAR is ridiculous enough and if I liked two sports that would be overload.
Besides, I waste enough time on computers and TV if I had another sport to watch I don't think I'd get anything done.
Post a Comment
<< Home