ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Monday, March 05, 2007

I love Indian food too, but seriously?

I didn't really need another reason to think Kanye West is a spoiled idiot but I got one anyway.

A take-away meal has been ordered for a meeting this week that Kanye West and seven other people will be attending, in New York.

It will include some tasty sounding fare, onion bhajees, chapati breads, biryanis, pappadums, a specially prepared fish dish and vegetables on the side.

Thing is it is being ordered from British Raj Restaurant in WALES, you know, the one in Europe.

I used to live in Andersonville and ordered from Thai Pastry (Broadway and Argle) a lot, I was worried that I was out of their delivery area when I moved west, lucky for me if I pay an extra $1 they will in fact drive food to my house. Somehow I think the surcharge will be a bit more for this take-away.

The AP says that the meal (if eaten in the restaurant) would cost about $17.50. Instead West (or rather some music promotion company) will be paying quite a bit more, about $5,000 more.

The bill will start at $3,900, plus travel and accommodation for the restaurant's head chef who will accompany the food, and heat it up, I am not kidding. The company has ordered take-away from Raj before, for a Snoop Dogg after-party, however, the big difference is that that event was in London, which although a fair distance away from the Raj, is nothing compared the distance it will be to cross the ocean. The fee was arrived at by estimating the restaurant's takings for two evenings, the time the chef will be away from the restaurant.

Normally, they don't deliver outside a 3-mile radius of the restaurant, which is about 150 miles west of London.
"I was horrified when I heard about this request because of the distance involved," said the restaurant's head waiter, Tarik Mohammed. "It's a long way, and our reputation is on the line. We are doing every thing to make sure the food gets there safely and every thing is aboveboard."
The chef will prepare the meal in their restaurant, cool it, shrink-wrap and pack it in dry ice. Then the head chef Kaysor Ahmed will be helicoptered from Wales to London's Heathrow Airport and flown to New York.

3 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, March 05, 2007, Blogger OrangeMoJoJo said...

$5000??? That's about $4950 he could have saved if he'd eaten at a nearby Indian place instead of being a complete and utter self-absorbed douchebag. He could have donated that $4950 to, I don't know, a worthy cause he believes in, or maybe he could have saved it for the not-too-far-off future when his career is history and no-one remembers who he was...

 
At 12:58 PM, March 05, 2007, Blogger Butternugget said...

I agree, I kept thinking about his rant while "helping" to raise money for Katrina and how he could have risen above the political crap and put his money where his mouth (and a very large one at that) is and donated it to people who can't afford a $17.50 meal let alone a $5000 one.

Perhaps he can finish his meal by lighting a cigar with a $100 bill.

 
At 9:34 AM, March 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps he can finish his meal by lighting a cigar with a $100 bill.

He's gonna use that lit Benjamin to light a Cleveland in order to light his cigar. That's what I'd do.

-Fujisan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home