Violent Femmes

I'm watching NASCAR and as they go to commercial they start playing Gone Daddy Gone by the Violent Femmes, turns out it was a cover. I don't know who it was, probably a country band.
Anyway, the first commercial is for Wendy's which you may have been seeing or heard for weeks now, using Add It Up.
Why a song lamenting about not being able to get any "love" would make you want spicy chicken sandwiches or chili I don't know, but they are working the heck out of that commercial.
It is just very strange to me that I would hear two Violent Femmes songs on a Sunday afternoon watching NASCAR.
On a side note, while in high school I had three bumper stickers on my super hot white Mercury Topaz. The Dead Milkmen, The Replacements and the Violent Femmes. One day my Grandpa came into the house after being in our driveway and asked about the sticker, he just thought it was comment on me and my friends. I've always remembered that and it always makes me giggle.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home