Parasitic Twin Surgery
They are calling her "Angel with Wings". The 11 year-old girl from Shanxi province in China has undergone surgery to remover her partially developed parasitic twin. The removal of the twin was complicated due to the fact that it was fused with her spine and shared many major blood vessels and some organs were also connected.A member of the operating team, said: "This is a very rare case. There are only four cases like this in all of China." However I can't help thinking that the words that should follow that are "that weren't drowned in a river".
The sweet little girl was quoted as saying "I want to become a good doctor and a good daughter for my parents".
In what seems like it could contradict the other quote there are statements that birth defects in China have soared to more than 40 per cent since 2001 making up between four and six per cent of total births every year. The contry's environmental deterioration is being blamed by the government and the home province of the girl has the highest rate.
There is no word on her current condition.

2 Comments:
My first thought is YIKES! Then I'm thinking.... Eleven years?
I would assume it has been Eleven years of very baggy shirts. I have to say as freaky as it is, it must have been a lot easier to hide than many other parasitic twins.
Post a Comment
<< Home