ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Just sayin'

I wont do a review of Sweeney Todd, mostly because I don't feel like typing that much right now. But for months now I've been thinking "did Tim do this on purpose? and has he talked about it?" I mean, I don't think I would call it "stealing" the look but was he "inspired" by it? And by "it" I mean Dave Vanian (of The Damned and Phantom Chords).

Here we have Johnny.

I don't think it is a bad look or a rip-off and I am not complaining, I'm just saying, damn, Johnny Depp looks like he is totally dressed as Dave Vanian for Halloween. In fact, as you probably figured out I think it is a pretty good look.

And here we have a couple classic Dave shots.


And now if you will excuse me I need to go listen to their cover of "Alone Again Or".

P.S. After reading Orangeblog today I was reminded that I wanted to say this.

1 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, January 11, 2008, Blogger OrangeMoJoJo said...

Burton was just showing off. "I can pull this off and make the hair look more wild while making Depp look more pale and less waxy than Vanian! HA! This is how it's SUPPOSED to look! I'm brilliant!" which is true.

We're going to see Sweeney this weekend! Can't wait!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home