ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Bad luck

So this week has been kind of sucky. Not horrible, but just a lot of bad luck.

I've been super tired and on the verge of being sick for a few days so Tuesday I decided to get a greasy hamburger (because I was craving one) and get to bed early. This was ruined by squirrels. Apparently while I was a work a critter tore their way into my window on the third floor mind you and knocked over a bunch of stuff. It seems that it left quickly but I was freaked out and grossed out. I didn't sleep well at all. I have no idea why I am such a squirrel magnet.

With little sleep and sickness at my door I left work early yesterday intending to nap and work later from home. That idea was ruined by the fact that my laptop died, I mean really died. A sad whirring noise happens for a while and then after several minutes the dreaded blinking question mark mac folder icon comes on. Doomed I give up and go to bed.

However I wake up sick and can't work from home because the computer is dead. Sure I could have done a totally sick day and not worked at all but I've got too much to do and frankly I can't not have email for 36 hours, that would be horrible.

So, I am at work and hopefully the super awesome tech at work can resurrect my laptop. I really need this one to last a bit longer because work is going PC and and I do not want a PC laptop and I can't afford the laptop I want personally for a while longer.

Oh, and then on the way in my cell phone died, but that was because I forgot to charge it so that really doesn't count.

5 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, February 07, 2008, Blogger Owen said...

Despite rumors that the squirrel was carrying a camera, I was nowhere in the area.

 
At 1:20 PM, February 07, 2008, Blogger Butternugget said...

But if pictures of Oly and my living room show up on "picture of the day" I'll know who did it.

 
At 1:23 PM, February 07, 2008, Blogger Butternugget said...

One update, super awesome work tech (who shall not be named but may be married to Orangemojojo) had a hard drive handy and was able to bring my laptop back to life! Yay! My data was gone, but I did back up recently so not much was lost. A price I will gladly pay to keep the powerbook. Thank you awesome tech guy!

Phew!

 
At 5:22 AM, February 08, 2008, Blogger OrangeMoJoJo said...

WOOHOO!!! I'm glad your computer is back up and runnin!

I hope you're feeling better!

 
At 11:28 AM, February 08, 2008, Blogger Fujisan said...

I saw a squirrel

http://tinyurl.com/337p7u

Gir makes me laugh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home