ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Billie Piper

Just a few days ago OrangeMojojo talked about Billie Piper and how perhaps, just maybe, she didn't make the best career choice after Doctor Who.

I'd commented that Billie had been recently quoted as saying "Someone said the other day, rather viciously, ‘What A-list stars get their tits out?’and then I started thinking, ‘Oh, my God, what have I done? I’ve ruined my future career.’" So...maybe she agrees.

In any case season two of the show in question, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, starts in a few weeks and season one is currently showing here in the US on Showtime.

In general I like Billie, she plays a campy and a bit rough around the edges London girl well. I do wonder how it seems like her teeth get bigger and bigger and more horse like. It is like her mouth can't even contain them sometimes. This seemed even more obvious in Secret Diary of a Call Girl.

Anyway, her big teeth are not what caught my eye in her new advert for season two of Secret Diary of a Call Girl. I think you will see what I mean below.


She was pregnant for most of the season two filming so it seems like they may have taken advantage of her bigger...er...new assets. The perspective of the camera work is obviously helping here, but still.

And here is young Billie starting her career as a teen pop singer and a more recent red carpet event. Check out those chompers!



2 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, August 22, 2008, Blogger OrangeMoJoJo said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! TOO MUCH RED!!!! Seriously, doesn't this girl know how to use a liner by now? She plays a hooker, for god's sake!

I'm pretty sure we saw Angelina's assets,.... if not on screen then on the red carpet somewhere, but Angelina has a freaking load of talent and some serious attitude to boot. She takes risks. She's intruiging. She doesn't CARE what I think. I like that - especially when mixed with 1) talent and 2) attitude. I wonder what she's going to do next, like, maybe she'll steal a role from Tom Cruise and Angelina-ize it or something....

http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/270663/
angelina-jolie-to-take-tom-cruise-role.html

Awesome.

Piper...not so much. She was great as Rose, serious chemistry with the docs, but she hasn't established herself enough as, well, herself IMO. She shoulda passed on this role and waited for something risky, not risquee. I fear after this show is canceled we won't hear from her again until her appearance at the 10th anniversary of the new Dr Who....IF she bothers to show up. I mean, she didn't bother to make an appearance at the incredibly popular musical event: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_the_Spheres_(Doctor_Who)

 
At 12:46 PM, August 22, 2008, Blogger Butternugget said...

I know what you mean. She is much cuter when she is casual and a lot less make-up.

She's just a little to council-housing-girl-next-door to pull off some of the call girl stuff. Kind of laughable.

She also did a BBC adaptation of Ruby in the Smoke (a Philip Pullman book) that was passable, but the main problem I had with the show was that I didn't believe Billie as an 1800's girl with moxie and ambition. She's too London 2000.

When I first read of the Doctor Who musical event I read the headline "Doctor Who Prom". Of course, being American my first thought of the word "prom" was a high school dance and I was SOOOO excited. I thought it was the best idea EVER.

Then I read on and, although still excited, realized it was not a themed dance.

P.S. See how I used "moxie" in there?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home