Is it just me?
You have probably seen the commercials or trailer for Notorious. The life (and death) story of The Notorious B.I.G. (A.K.A Christopher Wallace). I doubt I will ever see this movie. I have no desire what so ever. Despite partaking in the occasional listen to Big Poppa and Hypnotize I don't really care much for him, or his story.Yet, every time the commercial comes on a little bit of me gets excited before I quickly figure out it is just the damn Biggie movie again. The reason I get excited is because they use the Duran Duran song Notorious.
I get that he sampled it for one of his songs, but in the commercial all you hear is the Duran Duran bit, not Biggie.

3 Comments:
I saw a trailer for a movie...can't remember what it was....but they were using "Heaven" by Lamb in the trailer. I *love* that song, so I got all excited...and then the trailer TOTALLY SUCKED. Made me mad that they didn't use a song that I hated, like, say, anything by Billy Corgan.
I would agree with you, sucky movies should only use Billy Corgan (or related) music. It makes it much easier for us to hate.
I realize lately why my dad was always complaining in the 80's about people using music he liked in commercials, movies etc. I didn't quite get what he meant until a few years ago. I guess you have to have many years of music listening under your belt before it bothers you.
Shannon and I heard "Every Day Is Like Sunday" in a football commercial last week. Made us wonder if the NFL had any clue what the song they'd chosen meant...of if they just decided football fans were too clueless about the wonders of Morrissey to notice. Either way, I wasn't impressed.
I'm all for Johnathan Densmore refusing to sell the rights to any Doors songs for marketing purposes. Kills me whenever I hear The Who or David Bowie in an ad for something I can't afford.
Post a Comment
<< Home