ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Saturday, January 03, 2009

The 11th Doctor

The new Doctor is Matt Smith. Born in 1982 he is 26 years old.

Matt hasn't been a lot, which I think is good. As I mentioned before I don't want to have a predetermined idea of what his personality will be if at all possible. Leaving myself open to how he will portray the Doctor.

I have seen Matt before, three times. I remembered him for sure, but I don't have a strong opinion of him either negative or positive.

Ironically, the things I have seen him in have all been with Billie Piper who played Rose Tyler.

Back to Matt, if you saw the BBC productions of Philip Pullman's books Ruby In The Smoke or The Shadow In The North you will have seen him, he played Jim alongside Billie Piper who played Sally Lockhart. Both shows played in the US on PBS. Matt also was in one episode of Secret Diary of a Call Girl, also staring Piper. He was only in one episode of the first season.

All in all I am optimistic and hopeful. With Davies stepping down as head writer and Moffat taking over I think we could be in for some exciting stories and a good regeneration.

Fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home