ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

I love headlines like this.

Tumor in baby's brain stuns doctor after containing nearly perfect foot, other body parts

A three day old baby was shown to have a tumor on his brain after an MRI scann. A neurosurgeon removed it only to find a "tiny foot and other partially formed body parts."

The neurosurgeon said he discovered the tumor contained a nearly perfect foot and the formation of another foot, a hand and a thigh" he went on to say "It looked like the breech delivery of a baby, coming out of the brain," and "To find a perfectly formed structure (like this) is extremely unique, unusual, borderline unheard of."

The story goes on to speculate that it might be one of two things, the first being a type of congenital brain tumor. That can't be right. Idea number two is what I immediately thought it would be when I read the story. Fetus in Fetu, which is when one fetus becomes enveloped inside a dominant or host twin.

UPDATE: I found a great photo, but I figured most of you would not want to see it so I'm not posting it. If you want to view it I can email it to you.

3 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, December 18, 2008, Blogger Butternugget said...

Oh, and the baby is just fine, no problems.

 
At 6:57 PM, December 18, 2008, Blogger Owen said...

Christmas comes early for ButterNugget.

 
At 2:22 PM, January 12, 2009, Blogger OrangeMoJoJo said...

I'm going to need that photo emailed to me. This is fascinating!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home