Holiday
Only three hours in and it is so very very clear why I have managed to avoid the family on Thanksgiving for the last ten years. I can't believe I'll have to do this again in a month.
So far I've gotten to hear all about the buffett dinner they had last night (seven kinds of meat in case you are wondering) and the tornado (which is bad and I'm not making fun of that) and lucky me, I get to see about 40 pictures AND a video. No joke, a video was made from someone's cell phone and has been copied. Apparently it is video from before AND after (shocking). When I said the photos I saw already were enough (about 15) I was asked "humor me", I thought he was kidding. This went on for a few minutes with me sayings "seriously?" So apparently tomorrow, even if I don't want to, I have to see the video and look at more photos. Oh, and our favorite topic to bond, my crazy grandmother. Three hours later and I am already brain dead, or at least feel like it.
My favorite part so far has been the usual tour of my apartment. My dad does this with out me and it drives me CRAZY. He walks around, opens cabinets, looks over everything sitting out (on dressers, counters etc...) and then comments. Despite the fact that I am very sure I have had many of these things for years and years he is sure he has never seen them and tells me so. If I try to say "I've had that in three apartments" he'll say "but you never hung it up" or something equally as strange since I've always had it hung up somewhere. Today a lamp which I have had for about seven years was "new" as was my dresser and mirror which I've had for probably ten years (to be fair, they did know these items, they were just sure I hadn't had them in my bedroom before).
Seriously, I don't even like this holiday, so why am I doing this?

3 Comments:
Be strong, my fraund... 'tis only once a year!
Once or twice. Three times, tops!
Oh, and what about the tasty, tasty stuffing? Uh, pumpkin pie, maybe?
I think Rick likes being a drama king... like, "Hey, look at all the exciting stuff that happens to me! And here's some pictures and a video for proof!" Your mom should be nominated for sainthood. Someone call the Pope!
Post a Comment
<< Home