Consider the source
Yes, I am sick of hearing about our VP shooting a guy while hunting. I am also sick of hearing the bad jokes.
Yesterday I was told two tidbits from co-workers. They had "read" that Cheney was drinking while hunting. This I could believe easily. This was from someone who I would not necessarily always trust to get the story right, but thought it seemed plausible. Then another co-worker who I would say is more trustworthy said she had "read" that Bill Gates was asked to be there but couldn't make it.
Then I read this morning that Bill, when speaking to a group of people at some conference or something, opened with the comment about being asked to go hunting with the VP and said he was glad he chose the conferences.
Clearly this was a joke, a bad opening to what was probably a mind-numbing keynote.
I feel dirty for passing it along as fact.
Shame, I should know to check my facts on my only real friend, my laptop.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home