ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Pondering

There are many things I think about, and my thoughts vary. Not all my thoughts are of biological abnormalities, Hello Kitty and music. Yes, I know what you are thinking “yeah right, she totally thinks about that stuff all the time, she can’t pull the wool over my eyes”, but truly, I do think of other things.

Today I think of two things. Men in fur and holiday colors.

Men in fur, let me start by saying we all know this is weird, I am not breaking new ground here. Usually when you see a man in fur he looks as though he falls into either the “Pimp” category or “Super Gay”. There are finer points and more detail to both of these categories but I will keep it broad. To be honest, I don’t see a lot of either, but today I saw two. One was in an all black jacket, the kind with a knit waist band and cuffs (like a windbreaker), he was a very large African American man and the coat was shinny and either new or well kempt. He also had very shinny shoes and a matching outfit. The second was a very slight Caucasian man, his coat was of similar length but no knit waistband, instead a square cut bottom that hit at the hip. The coat color was a variation of browns and whites, this sort of matched his dyed blond hair, and neither seemed shinny or healthy and he looked as though he may have smoked 3 packs a day for years, probably while wearing the coat. I don’t think I need to tell you that both of them still fit neatly into my categories.

Holiday colors, the only thing that is worse than wearing holiday colors on the holiday is wearing holiday themed clothing or jewelry. I almost wore a red skirt today and thank god I caught myself and put on the black one instead.

This is not to say I hate holidays or that I am bitter, I just don’t need to match the decorations in CVS. In fact, I am in quite the holiday spirit today, but not the right holiday. I started my Christmas shopping. No, not for 2006…my family decided to stop time and celebrate Christmas in February, and despite the fact that I have had two extra months to shop, I just started this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home