ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Stop the Presses!

Holy cow. I don’t even know how to start, what a crazy day for news and especially people dying.

First, Aaron Spelling, the god of TV evening soaps, he was 83. Oh 90210 how I loved you, I never missed an episode….I kid you not. He had a stroke earlier this week and they said he went home so it couldn’t have been that bad…well that just smelled of lies. I will have to mourn Mr. Spelling properly later. His only misstep would be Tori, but I wont go there since her dad did just die.

Then, this was a bit of a shocker, E. Pierce Marshall died (at only 67). You will know him better as the man who has been fighting Anna Nicole Smith for his fathers millions for ten years. I bet Anna is knocking back a few celebratory drinks tonight (I know she’s pregnant but do you really think that will stop her?). He apparently died “from a brief but aggressive infection” or so the statement said, very curious. I’m sure more will leak out later.

And, even though it was technically in yesterday’s news, Claydes Charles Smith, a co-founder and guitarist for Kool & the Gang, died as well, he was 57.

Onto divorce, Selma Blair and Ahmet Zappa are calling it quits after only two years…for some reason they seemed like a good pair, oh well.

Finally, the ridiculous, Pete Doherty is said to be publishing his personal diaries; it will include “drawings, photos, poems and film reviews” Film reviews, seriously? I doubt it will even be coherent?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home