ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Why I hate today

I really shouldn’t have been working today. I am in a foul mood. I had to wait for a very long time in the rain for a train, then a large man who smelled musty sat next to me. He preceded to fall asleep in seconds, which meant that every time the train shifted he leaned into me, his sleeping mass unable to control his movement caused by the motions of the train. I was smashed between the wall and his big fat arm most of the time.

My first meeting today was basically a meeting that has been established once a week so that about ten people can complain. It is a waste of time and a huge time suck. People spend an hour whining about really stupid crap.

These are some of the top complaints.

1. What we should do in case of a fire?

2. Why don’t we have a nice waiting room, we should have a nice spot for visitors to sit, with a tea and coffee service.

3. Our walls are grey, they are so ugly.

4. The printers run out of paper a lot, and toner.


I’ve got answers for all these.

1. Leave the building

2. We have a table and three chairs, it isn’t the end of the world if they sit on a wooden chair for ten minutes and if you have so many visitors that need to have a soft chair and coffee than you can find it in your budget to get those things.

3. Better than beige, besides this isn't your bedroom, we aren't painting it lavendar and putting up rainbow borders.

4. Walk the ten feet, get paper and put it in the drawer. It isn't that hard dumb-ass.

These questions come up at least every other week, sometimes every week, over and over again. And if I hear one more person say, “When I worked at (use any company name here) we had…” I am going to scream. If you liked it so much there why did you leave?

1 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, August 03, 2006, Blogger evandebacle said...

Brilliant! Hard-hitting! Probing! Reminds me of the time a girl in my primate ecology class asked, "What if chimpanzee's had condoms?" Genius!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home