ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Not about Amy

In today's news about our economy...
President Bush embraced about $145 billion worth of tax relief on Friday to jump start the lackluster economy. If Congress passes an economic stimulus package, the country will be "just fine," he said.
Look, I would love $800, I could definitely use it, but I also really really really doubt that the country will be "just fine" if a bunch of us get a one time payment of $800.

11 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, January 18, 2008, Blogger evandebacle said...

Did you just post about economic policy decisions? I'm no monkey genius, but this is weird.

 
At 7:46 PM, January 18, 2008, Blogger Nico's Mom said...

As a good American citizen, I am willing to try and see if it works.

 
At 9:15 PM, January 18, 2008, Blogger Butternugget said...

Yes, Evandebacle, I too have opinions about the economy and politics. I just have to feel really really strongly about them for it to win out over Amy Winehouse, Dr. Who, The Mighty Boosh, monkey genius', parasitic twins, Hello Kitty, Morrissey, shiny things, toast, rocks, glitter and acorns.

 
At 9:20 PM, January 18, 2008, Blogger Butternugget said...

Nico's Mom, because you are good American married citizen you will get even more than $800.

 
At 10:25 PM, January 18, 2008, Blogger Nico's Mom said...

Sweeeeeeeeeeet. I can't wait to spend it on dental work or college tuition or to pay off my home equity loan. Being a grown-up sucks ass.

 
At 6:37 AM, January 20, 2008, Blogger OrangeMoJoJo said...

Paula Poundstone said she was so far in debt - over a million in legal fees - she couldn't even comprehend the amount. Her daughter asked if they could go to Disneyland, she paused and said, "Why the hell not? I'm a million in debt! What's a few grand more?" The country's so many trillions in debt Bush is suffering Poundstone Syndrome in the billions. "Economic stimulus package? Why the hell not? What's a hundred and a half billion more?" No wonder so many millions are in debt up to their ears if we're using our own government as an example of fiscal responsibility.

 
At 10:50 AM, January 20, 2008, Blogger Butternugget said...

The funny thing about that is that when I said "I could definitely use the $800" I absolutely plan on using it to pay off some debt.

But you bring up a good point, I also did want to go to Disney World, so maybe I should just do that instead.

 
At 8:33 AM, January 21, 2008, Blogger Fujisan said...

Amy thinks that $1600 would buy a pretty nice sofa. Go Shrub!

 
At 8:35 AM, January 21, 2008, Blogger Butternugget said...

Wow, she is still focused on the sofa. You need to find a contest that will win a sofa.

But, she is right, that would be a good use.

 
At 9:56 AM, January 22, 2008, Blogger Owen said...

Maybe there's a banner ad somewhere in the web where you can punch a monkey to win a sofa?

 
At 10:41 AM, January 22, 2008, Blogger Butternugget said...

My parents couch has monkeys on it, and by that I mean the fabric pattern has them. I keep trying to tell my mom she needs a helper monkey but she doesn't want one because they throw their poop.

They didn't win their couch by punching monkeys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home