Cloverfield
Have you all seen this? Or if you haven't seen it don't care if you get a spoiler of sorts? I'm not giving away anything about the plot or story...but I have a comment on what exactly the Cloverfield "thing".
So...I'll put in a lot of line returns here and cute pictures of bunnies and if you want to see me comment scroll down. If not, don't.



Okay, did you see Cloverfield? If you did you saw the "monster", I'm siding with the idea that it is alien and came to earth (or hid on earth). I don't think it is a mutated being or a prehistoric animal that survived deep in the ocean.
I did like the movie, I thought it was fun. Sure there were a couple parts that I thought pushed even my ability to suspend reason and go with the scene but all in all I liked it.
But, the minute we got a good shot of the creature walking and moving I thought of one thing. "Gelfling gone!" Why? Because when Kira and Jen first meet in the Dark Crystal they quickly have to go on the run and they flee on creatures that Kira knows but Jen has never seen, Landstriders. Their head is different but their legs and body really resemble the Landtriders, to me anyway. The photo of the toy model is a bit more clear than the movie shot so I put that in too. Another big difference is the lack of any kind of tail on the Landriders.

Now I have to go watch the Grammys.

2 Comments:
Not only did I not make it to see Cloverfield before it left town, now I'm suffering the indignity of having it revealed to me that the beast in question is a giant rabbit?
That would be a brilliant movie, one that I would see again and again.
Be careful when toy shopping this spring/summer, there is a toy of the monster coming out. Unless you see the DVD first.
Post a Comment
<< Home