How sad is this?
From many news sites this morning, but this bit specifically is from The Sun.
A LAS VEGAS man who thought he had a rare naked picture of Marilyn Monroe was shocked to discover it was actually a famous photo of Madonna.I'm sure you all the know the photo in question. I might update this later to include the photo but I am at work currently and don't think it wise to download a nude photo for my blog.
Lawrence Nicastro, 73, told the media he thought he had his hands on a photo of the film superstar posing nude as a hitchhiker.
But the photo was actually from Madonna's book 'Sex' from 1992. In it, she posed in heels and handbag, with a cigarette in her mouth.
Lawrence Nicastro, 73, said he found the grainy, poster-size photo last year while going through storage items at his home in Las Vegas. He believed it had been left by a customer at his service station in the Bronx in 1962.
Nicastro and his wife, Phyllis, said they had spent about four months researching the origin of the photograph and called in Chris Harris, a publicist and Monroe expert, for help authenticating it.
Harris said it was a dead ringer for Monroe and scheduled a Wednesday news conference to unveil the image to reporters.
"You're right; it's Madonna," Harris said after being told of the mix-up - he believed someone had slipped the poster into Nicastro's storage as a prank.
"If there ever was an embarrassing moment," he said.

2 Comments:
How sad is it that a "Monroe expert" would think that a naked Madonna looked anything like Marilyn? I got a peek at Sex while I was working at the Ryerson, and I know the picture. If I recall, Madonna was pretty buff for those pics. Marilyn was never that.
I agree, it is very clearly NOT Monroe.
Next thing you know someone will mistake the new Lohan photos as "lost" shots from the photo shoot she is mimicking (I'm sorry "recreating"). Never mind that she is covered in freckles.
Ryerson got a copy of Sex? Hm. That is kind of weird and kind of makes me want to go request it. So did they save the wrapper? Or did they get two and keep the wrapper on one and open the other?
Post a Comment
<< Home