The Ups and Downs of Me and the BBC
I got really excited to read a blog post about the BBC finally putting stuff on itunes. Then I realized that I was reading Shiny Shiny which is a UK based blog and that most likely this would only be on the UK itunes.
I really don't understand why just because I live in the US, if I am willing to pay, I can't just buy the stuff. I've tried before, and know that unlike Amazon I can not buy from UK itunes.
Which leaves me right back at the beginning. Buy a multi-region DVD player and pay that damn conversion rate which sucks for pounds I might add.
Some BBC content is on line but if your ISP is not in the UK you can't even see the site. For example the third season of The Mighty Boosh would premier an episode a few days before on-line. I understand this has a lot to do with how the BBC is funded by the state etc. etc. but I would pay for a service like this, on cable or on-line, if they would let me.
Why are they making it hard for me to shop? I want to buy their damn shows, I don't want to steal them, let me give you my money BBC! Please?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home