ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Wreckers or Checkers

Today was the start of the 2008 NASCAR season AND the 50th anniversary of the Daytona 500, so as you can imagine the fanfare was extra heavy.

Of course I was home watching all day and sweet baby Jesus Ryan Newman won!!!

It was really hard to watch the last twelve laps, I had to put the TV on mute every few seconds because it was making me nervous. Tony Stewart who I despise was in the lead and Ryan was right behind him, it was really awesome to watch Ryan win and even better to see him beat Tony.

Extra good news Kurt Busch (Penske team member) was second, so Penske took 1st and 2nd.

Yay! Ryan!

2 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, February 18, 2008, Blogger evandebacle said...

congratulations on your great triumph. he was on the front page of the NY Times. very fancy.

 
At 9:56 PM, February 18, 2008, Blogger Butternugget said...

Damn, I didn't see that (didn't have work today). He is on Letterman tonight as well (Dave likes the racing).

NASCAR and fancy, they are practically synonyms.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home