ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Hall and Steve Perry

















Last July our office, and by that I mean myself and one other person, got office fish. We initially got a 2.5 gallon bowl thing with a pump, rocks and plants. We had two fish, Hall and Oates. Oates would bother Hall a lot, so we got a bridge for Hall to hide under. Then Oates got "ick", his demise was quick, aided by Hall's awareness of the "ick". Once Hall knew he was sick it was survival of the fittest in a tiny bowl of water. Hall pecked and pecked at a sickly Oates while we tried to cure him. Oates died.

Then, a newly single Hall flourished, he didn't hide under the bridge and he got fat, healthy fat. He had some health issues as well but came through nicely.

We decided it was going so well and we liked getting aquarium decorations so we upgraded to a 10 gallon tank. Now we have room for the bridge, the plants, the tombstone for Oates and the "Christmas" ceramic fish house. All very nice, but he needed a friend, hopefully one he wouldn't stalk and kill. So then we got Steve Perry, Steve Perry is a tiny snail.

Now we had a big tank, a new friend, the last thing we needed was a background, and what better background than Brokeback Mountain.

2 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, February 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay... when I first saw the picture I was like, "Wow, how'd she get a hat on the fish?" Doesn't it kind of look that way at first glance? Just a little? No? Fine...

 
At 12:31 PM, February 28, 2006, Blogger Butternugget said...

If only I could be so lucky...I try to pet him sometimes and that isn't going so well so I think trying to get him to wear a hat would be hard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home