ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Oscar II

Wow, I didn’t think it was possible for Ben Stiller to be less funny, and there he goes proving me wrong. This is painful, I need to hit mute...and turn away.

Jew joke #2 (By Jon, about Ben's outfit confirming his religion)







Ooooo, Reese, I like your dress very much, I would probably never wear that color but it is very nice, much better than your Golden Globes dress (and the controversy that went with it).

Hayao Miyazaki and Tim Burton nominated for animation this year just means there isn’t enough to choose from. I LOVE Miyazaki but that was not his best film (Howl’s Moving Castle). The story was so-so and at times was like we missed a scene and you weren't totally sure where the story was going, or why. Also, unlike other Miyazaki's that have been released with English voices, this one didn't have many good fits, such as Billy Crystal as the fire...it was like we were listening to his first dry run. I also love Burton but that was definitely not his best work (Corspe Bride), it was a pale comparison to his others. It was like he sketched it out and let a team of interns do all the work. Sure, interns who have seen his films over and over again, but interns all the same. There was a serious lack of detail, some of the best things about his previous work is the attention to detail and all the charming bits in the background. Every character, no mater the time on the screen or focus has been done so completely and could easily stand on its own. But I digress...


AAAA! Helena Bonham Carter is scary in satin, well, she is scary all the time, but man she creeps me out and she never chooses a flattering color, dress or outfit. Seriously Helena, white shoes, blue dress and a red bag?
Aww, that is awesome, the Wallace and Gromit guys wore matching bow ties and brought little matching ties for their Oscars, that’s cute.

Yay! Dolly! Excellent, it could only be better if she was singing 9 to 5. Damn, I know it is a lot of plastic surgery and all but she looks pretty good for her age, and, um, this outfit really accentuates her "assets" if you know what I mean (wink wink).
Really, the academy MUST stop having animated characters present; it is never funny, never.

OH MY GOD this music during the whole acceptance speech is driving me over the edge.

Oh fuck me, Jennifer Aniston…yawn.

How many times will they show Spielberg sitting there?

What is with the bio clips montage; there is no way most of these films would get mentioned let alone a clip shown at the Oscars if it wasn’t for this weird montage thing

JC Penny and T Rex, a match made in heaven. It so makes me want to shop there (commercial break).

2 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, March 09, 2006, Blogger Owen said...

So what is Ben Stiller doing in that photo?!

 
At 12:13 PM, March 09, 2006, Blogger Butternugget said...

He was presenting an award for special effects, and the joke was that he "thought" that it was being displayed on the monitors as "blue screen" so at first all the home viewers and montior in the venue would show is a floating head presenting award. Then he put a hood on so the card would "float" on it's own. He hammed it up like crazy and was generally not funny.

Oh yeah, and the joke was that it wasn't displayed anywhere "blue screen" so he didn't know he looked like an idiot. Right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home