Charming
Many friends have today off; it makes for a nice four-day weekend for them. I however, and most of my department do not get today off. I shouldn’t complain, I have a lot of vacation over all and this one day isn’t that big of a deal. However, with rain coming down in sheets all morning I could only wish I was home in bed.
I’ve had a pretty busy morning but it now seems to be winding down. People are leaving and it seems more and more like we shouldn’t be here.
I am just now taking my lunch at 3.00 pm. I usually eat at my desk and check out the web. I ran through all my usual pages pretty quickly and I’ve ended up at the horoscopes.
My horoscope for today...
Coming on strong could seem unnecessarily aggressive -- unless you're the one who's making the move. When you do it, it's charming. You've got the winning hand, so go ahead and lay those cards on the table.
So I’ve decided that I should go outside my office stand on the first desk I see and yell “fuck it! We are all going home now! There is no reason to be here”
Based on my horoscope they will look up at me with stars in their eyes and say “Oh my! You are so right, and you said that with such flair! How could we even think of saying no to one so charming? See you tomorrow”.

4 Comments:
"Coming on strong could seem unnecessarily aggressive -- unless you're the one who's making the move."
Uh... How can you be coming on strong if you're not making the move? And besides, your horoscope clearly implies that you should be propositioning someone. Can you do that while standing on a desk?
I am only focused on getting the hell outta Dogde early today, I have no time for propositions. But, I do think I could while standing on a desk, if necessary.
The good news, Network Services has a problem with our floor switch and has to bring the network down at 4.30pm so we all get to leave.
Yay!
I wish I had sent you this yesterday to cheer your mood while you were at work and I slept until noon, but I only just found out!
Check out who's playing Grendel:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0442933/
I know! Isn't it great, and Angelina will be the voice of his mother. I can't wait I loved Beowulf.
Thanks for thinking of me.
Post a Comment
<< Home