ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Under-wrong

Did you love Underdog? I sure did and that is why when I heard they were going to do a movie I had to shudder. Then I heard it was going to be live action, UGH! When will they learn? I imagined it would be more of that crappy CGI stuff crammed into live scenes, like what they did to Scooby-Doo and Rocky and Bullwinkle (Technically they did it to Garfield as well but since I always hated Garfield I didn’t care that much).

Anyway, turns out it is way worse than I thought. They are using a REAL dog for Underdog the movie. I can only assume that it will be an annoying mix of CGI to make their mouths “speak” and probably some animatronics. Basically I assume it will be “cute” just like Cats and Dogs. Seriously, how will they make a real dog look like it is giving someone a shoe sign let alone rescue his girl friend and carry her through the air?

Then I read that Peter Dinklage (from the Station Agent) is playing the villain (Simon Bar Sinister). Why? He seems like a smart guy with a real career, so why would he do this? Did he owe Disney something? Do they have embarrassing photos of him from a drunken holiday party?
Okay, so maybe there is a resemblance, but that doesn't mean he had to do it.

And finally to top it all off Jim Belushi does a voice in the film, you know you’ve got quality with Jim. FYI, in case you were wondering Jason Lee is the voice of Underdog and his non-super hero alter-ego. He clearly signed on for this long before his My Name is Earl success.

Sad to say I actually saw this and even paid to see it. Doesn’t Natasha look like she is some crazy hybrid of Patricia Morrison and Andrew Eldritch (the guy and girl from Sisters of Mercy)?

So many things were wrong with this one as well, but Freddie Prinz Jr. with blonde hair may be even worse than the CGI dog. Also, click on this to see it bigger and check out how frickin' weird Sarah Michelle Geller's body looks, do you think that is photoshop or her own weird too skinny body?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home