Myspace Phish
So I get this message when I tried to log into Myspace tonight. Apparently my account has been "phished" and someone tried to break into my account. So Myspace blocked it and I have to confirm I'm me to get back in. It has one of those images (like Ticketmaster) that you have to figure out what the letters or words are in the wiggly and fuzzy image. My problem? I can't see the image, it shows the icon for the 'broken' image.
So...long story short I can't get into my Myspace and someone else may have access to it.
I did email a problem to them but who knows how long that will take to hear back. Mostly I just don't want my info public, I don't care if I can't get in for a week but I don't want any info public to anyone but my real friends.
The other thing that pissed me off is that message basically scolds you about being safer in the future. I have no idea what I did, I never give out my info and don't answer pop-ups or messages from strangers.
Whatever. If you are my Myspace friend and you get weird shit from "me" or see something funny let me know.
Thanks.

5 Comments:
My good good friend Tom says: " if you got locked for being phished in the last hour, it's a bug! we're working on fixing it right now. sorry about that! the mechanism to detect if your account has been phished has been very powerful for stopping phishing, but it went a little haywire just now. things should be back to normal soon!"
Good ol' Tom, covering for you as we know you've been clicking on every free porn bulletin you see!
I wondered if it wouldn't turn out to be a mistake. The good news is I used that spark of paranoia for good and changed all my passwords that have been the same for years (email etc.).
And I promise to layoff the porn links from now on.
I totally phished it so I could write, as you, about how awesome Cecilia Noel is. I'm almost done, so I'll give you access back soon...
Damn YOU! (said with fist raised and shaking).
You just wait 'til you experience the Queen of Sal-Soul and she tries to eat your soul and steal your happiness. Then you'll be sorry.
Post a Comment
<< Home