ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Monday, August 27, 2007

I know this is crazy...but...

This Saturday I got an email from a Morrissey fan club thing I subscribe to. It is usually new tour dates before they are released, presale passwords etc.

Sadly I already know I will miss BOTH Chicago area shows this fall as I will be out of town and have tickets for another show on one of the nights.

I opened the email anyway and I see the following.

Morrissey Los Angeles 10-show-series dates and onsale details are as follows. This is a special, limited-time "season ticket" package of 10 concerts for the price of nine.

October 1 LOS ANGELES, CA : Palladium
October 2 LOS ANGELES, CA : Palladium
October 4 LOS ANGELES, CA : Palladium
October 5 LOS ANGELES, CA : Palladium
October 6 LOS ANGELES, CA : Palladium
October 8 LOS ANGELES, CA : Palladium
October 9 LOS ANGELES, CA : Palladium
October 11 LOS ANGELES, CA : Palladium
October 12 LOS ANGELES, CA : Palladium
October 13 LOS ANGELES, CA : Palladium

And this is how my mind worked in the next three minutes.

-Oh my god, that would be awesome, ten nights in a row!
-Oh, wait, it is more like two days on, a day off etc...but he needs his rest so that is okay.
-I wonder how much they are?
-If this was in Chicago I would totally do this.
-I'm sure I can't afford it.
-And I really can't afford to go to LA for ten days.
-Wow, that isn't a bad price at all (after looking it up on Ticketmaster and finding it was just shy of $400).

So, the good thing is this isn't in Chicago and I don't have to try to find $400 to see Morrissey ten times in thirteen days.

Oh but it would be grand.

4 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, August 27, 2007, Blogger AMY said...

First you won't adopt a new bunny. Now you won't take ten days in Cali for Morrissey??? What has become of you???

 
At 8:25 PM, August 27, 2007, Blogger Butternugget said...

I know, I need to get my priorities straight.

 
At 12:53 AM, August 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could save money by having this Morissey poseur model for you:
http://alwaysintransit.typepad.com/always_in_transit/2007/08/caption-andor-t.html

 
At 10:43 AM, August 28, 2007, Blogger Butternugget said...

That is hilarious. I would have never guessed that Shannon could double for Moz, really uncanny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home