ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Friday, August 17, 2007

More than meets the eye...sort of.

Would you like to deter potential thieves from robbing your home? Got a few extra hours and scraps of wood? Then a guy in the UK has a great idea for you.

Twenty-five year-old Transformers fan Michael Clarke from Gravesend, Kent built and carved a human sized Transformer from wood. He also added motion sensors which turn on a stereo when someone approaches and various lights and neon.

Turns out his little hobby paid off in an unexpected way recently.
I returned home late from a night out, I saw the front door wide open and ran into my house, it was dark inside and I hesitantly burst into the lounge which shockingly was lit up blue and purple.

I stumbled over something on the floor, which I realised was my TV after I'd switched on the main light but it wasn't until after I searched the whole house I realised it must have been Optimus that scared him off.

Michael also added "I wanted to build the robot out of a real car but I thought the neighbours might not like it."


Where Optimus Prime usually hangs out, Michael's living room. I like that Optimus Prime matches the couch, nice touch.

1 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, August 17, 2007, Blogger evandebacle said...

I covet this home security system.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home