ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Friday, September 07, 2007

In the Tesseract

A sad day indeed. I just heard that Madeleine L'Engle passed away. She was 88. What is sort of strange is that I am currently reading her book An Acceptable Time. To be fair I have read it before but still. I've read many of her book, and I know she goes a little to Christian for me sometimes but I still always enjoy them.

She will most likely always be known best for A Wrinkle in Time her novel from 1962. I wont go into describing it or the others, I think most of you have read at least one of her books at some point and if you haven't you probably just aren't that interested in her topics.

She once said "In my dreams, I never have an age," she said. "I never write for any age group in mind. When people do, they tend to be tolerant and condescending and they don't write as well as they can write." adding "When you underestimate your audience, you're cutting yourself off from your best work."

Well done Madeleine and rest in peace.

1 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, September 08, 2007, Blogger OrangeMoJoJo said...

I must have read A Wrinkle in Time 8 times, but I've never read any of her books. What are some of your favotites? I'll bet you've memorized The Young Unicorns! (o;

 

Post a Comment

<< Home