The cellular market gets curiouser and curiouser.
This new news tidbit is interesting since there is less and less choice in the cellular market.
Sprint Nextel is terminating the contracts of subscribers who call customer service excessively. About 1,000 subscribers called an average of 25 times a month. Apparently forty times higher than the average, according to a company spokeswoman, who also noted that a large number of calls from these customers were related to billing issues.
So...were these truly crazy people? Or is Sprint Nextel just trying to cut costs on customer service?
I guess since it was only about 1,000 subscribers they are probably crazy people who have nothing better to do.
But I can't help but wonder if a few of those people had legit issues and just couldn't get a customer service rep to understand or believe that Sprint Nextel might be in the wrong.
Who knows, but it is interesting.

2 Comments:
25 times a MONTH? I had issues with Cingular alla time and I called MAYBE 5 times one month. If they're having legit issues (very possible!) never mind being dropped - they should seriously switch carriers. Unless they bought an iPhone, in which case they're STUCK!
I love this story. I saw it on CNN yesterday and they mentioned that some of these people were trying to get information on other customers. Maybe some people's family plans are going through some rough times. I wonder if a provider like Verizon is going to try to find out who those people are to avoid signing up.
Any bets on the percentage of them who file frivolous lawsuits?
Post a Comment
<< Home