ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Monday, July 09, 2007

The fashion forward Ron Weasley

I've been seeing lots of pictures of the three stars of the Harry Potter movies lately, mostly at premieres for the next Harry Potter, The Order of the Phoenix.

Hermione is trying really hard to be a pretty little fashionista, and she's doing pretty well, a few misses but mostly looking cute and sassy.

Harry has looked okay. I think he is trying a little too hard to show he's a man now and his choices are a bit boring and stuffy for his age. For example, the pinstripes seem too much, he should stick with solids. Otherwise he looks quite nice, the cut of the suits are good and they are well fitted. Getting a suit tailored is something many men/boys overlook and can really make or break the look.

Ron on the other hand is super scruffy. Scruffy hair, scruffy shoes and scruffy over-sized jackets. He is also very fond of a printed t-shirts under his jackets. His scruffy look can be kind of cute in a little-brother-skater kind of way but it is not the best choice for a red carpet premiere, especially when it is your premiere. Also, when you know your partners in crime have been very well dressed in all the past premieres you would think one would want to try and look like he belongs with them, even just a tiny bit. But not Ron, he marches to his own drummer. Maybe it is a statement about Ron and how he is typically in hand-me-downs because the Weasley's are not wealthy. Who knows.

That said, it cracks me up and I find it quite cheeky that he is wearing a Harry Potter t-shirt to the premiere of Harry Potter AND that it has Harry on it! So, despite my earlier thoughts, I say well done Ron!

P.S. I know they aren't their characters and I do know their names but it was easier to just refer to them as their characters.

4 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, July 10, 2007, Blogger Owen said...

On a similar note: interesting if true

 
At 10:28 AM, July 10, 2007, Blogger Butternugget said...

I happened to catch that last night on Leno. He seemed pretty truthful, and really nervous so I think it is true.

Either way it is really funny.

 
At 7:13 PM, July 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harry has truly awful taste in ties-- at least in the two photos here.

I think Ron looks ok, although I agree he should dress up a bit more. I bet he probably looks best with black shirts or a really dark blue. The black leather jacket is good.

She looks good in the middle pic, but I'm not overly fond of the other two.

 
At 7:48 PM, July 10, 2007, Blogger Butternugget said...

I agree Rev, the ties are horrible, especially the white with black polka-dots. Maybe with a dark shirt maybe...and that is a iffy maybe.

I'm not overyly crazy about her stuff and but I'm just happy she isn't dressing like a whore (as so many of the young actresses do) that I give her extra points for not showing us all her bits and pieces.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home