ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Friday, October 05, 2007

USPS Sucks

I live in Chicago so that means I periodically have had very bad mail delivery service (in multiple Chicago zip codes). Last year my whole building had a lot of problems with missing and very delayed mail. We called, we complained, it didn't do much. We used to get our mail around 2pm and at its worst we were seeing the mail truck around 7pm and sometimes on Sundays. It became completely random delivery.

Then the news reports came out about Chicago officially being the worst in the nation and all of a sudden they got embarrassed and hired more people. It did get better for us rather quickly after that.

For the last eight months or so it has been just fine, I get my Netflix in a day and seem to get everything except the bulk mail coupons (from Jo-Ann Fabric and Jewel, they regularly arrive after they have expired) in a timely fashion.

Until this week. I haven't gotten any mail in three days. I've been waiting two days for a Netflix and worse still, I'm waiting on a check. Grrrr.

The more I thought about it last night I realized that even though I got mail in my box on Saturday and Monday that it was junk mail, so I don't think I've actually got real mail since last Friday.

Awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home