ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Self Control

Harry Potter comes out at midnight Friday. Traditionally, and this year is no different, I plan on getting it at midnight and starting to read immediately and not stopping until I am done.

During that time I will stay off the internet and keep the TV off.

I do it for one main reason, I want to read the book and experience all the ups and downs myself. I do not want any spoilers. It is an added plus that I finish in a day or two because it would be harder for me to get on the computer for work and not go to any websites that might have news or give something away.

However, this year it is in a fever pitch. No surprising since it is the last book, but it is still a little crazy. Rumors and leaks (true or not) are hitting the web like crazy and now the TV news is reporting.

I may have to stop computer and TV use early to avoid spoilers and/or temptation.

Can I stay off the web for nearly three days? I can still use email, but still, I'm not sure I have that much self control.

Kind of sad really, but it is what it is.

1 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, July 19, 2007, Blogger OrangeMoJoJo said...

YOU CAN DO IT! We'll miss you, though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home